Business Development Manager – Real Estate Lending
Mid-town Toronto, ON (mostly working in the office)
Competitive salary including a decent base salary, bonus, and stock options
Posted November 4, 2021.
Our client is a growing financial services organization focused on real estate lending. We are looking for someone who has a strong sales and business development background. This position is a very unique one where it can merge someone’s desire to work in finance and sales. The position will be part of an exciting start-up that has already been in business for 5 years but is now experiencing great growth. You will be responsible for analyzing and structuring deals with sophisticated real estate investors purchasing or refinancing distressed single-family, multi-family, industrial, commercial, and development assets.
We are looking for a self-starter who can embrace a fast-paced start up environment and feel comfortable with having exposure to a diverse set of responsibilities. This role will give you the opportunity to showcase and develop both analytical finance-related skills and client-facing / sales skills. You will be responsible for forging new relationships, cold calling, providing support and guidance to new and existing clients, and often serving as the point of contact throughout the loan origination process.
- Develop business with borrowers who are real estate investors and may be purchasing or refinancing investment real estate including distressed single-family, multi-family, industrial, commercial and development assets.
- Assist with marketing efforts to steadily grow the company’s pipeline of new deals.
- Collect and organize necessary documents from borrowers for underwriting.
- Perform initial valuation analysis and due diligence on the borrower and the collateral.
- Order and conduct an initial review of third-party reports to ensure loan requests align with the company’s risk parameters.
- Coordinate with internal and external resources to analyze suitability of loan requests.
- Update risk and loan pricing models on a periodic basis.
- Help clients optimize their real estate investments by finding the best financing solutions based on investment goals and strategies.
- Qualify clients and their deals to ensure a strong fit between the client’s needs and the company’s product offerings.
- 2-5 years of experience in finance, lending, underwriting, or sales
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or engineering is preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Deep understanding of technology and software tools
- Flexible and focused on solutions
- Organized and self-sufficient
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.