Commercial Property Accountant
Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
$70,000 and $85,000 plus benefits and 3 weeks vacation
Posted on June 10, 2022.
This organization is a real estate development and management company. They are landlord for a number of interesting commercial properties. They are looking for a driven individual to join their team as a Commercial Property Accountant.
The Commercial Property Accountant will work to ensure that all tenant/client matters are dealt with to the highest level of service. The role requires previous property accounting experience, ideally with commercial properties but not mandatory. The role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a number of interesting responsibilities like financial preparation, CAM and property tax recoveries, and dealing with all accounting/financial matters.
- Manage financial categories in relation to account invoicing, maintenance contract negotiation and preparation
- Handle financial records and ledgers for commercial/retail properties
- Preparation of financial statements (monthly and annually) for the reviewing by senior management
- Work closely to ensure effective accounting/financial controls and procedures are being followed
- Oversee all accounting categories including A/P, A/R, revenue, accounting, general ledger, financial statement preparation and analysis, information preparation, budgeting, forecasting and planning for commercial/retail properties
- Oversee the full compliance of GAAP and ASPE policies and practices being maintained
- Work with senior management and consultants to improve financial controls
- Develop annual operating budgets
- Manage cash flow and keep senior management fully informed with operational results
- Preparation of letters for tenants, consultants, clients and senior management
- Oversee purchase and sale related agreements to new or prospective commercial/retail properties
- Manage seller/purchaser obligations to ensure compliance
- Other ad hoc duties
- Some experience in property accounting would be nice
- Minimum 2 years of property accounting experience
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively work in a group setting and independently
- Excellent analytical skills
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (email@example.com) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.