If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter as soon as possible. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn. For more career opportunities in finance, please visit Winchesters.ca.
Downtown Toronto, ON
$70,000-$80,000 base plus $10,000 bonus and company-paid benefits
Posted on August 25, 2021.
Our client is a Toronto-based company looking to find a Corporate Accountant for a newly created role in the accounting team due to growth of the department. The position will have a heavy focus on preparing financial reports for the corporate entities and maintaining financial records of various investment entities. Individuals who are pursuing their CPA designation are encouraged to apply as the role reports to a CPA-designated Manager who can sign off on your experience.
The Corporate Accountant will handle everything from bank reconciliations and journal entries to helping with the annual budgeting process and more operational finance work. It’s a really great role for someone who has a couple years of accounting experience and looking for a dynamic company that is in serious growth mode. We are looking for individuals who are motivated to grow and you should be comfortable working 8am-6pm.
- Record journal entries, prepare bank reconciliations and complete financial reports on a monthly basis
- Assist the Manager in completing the annual budgeting process, perform monthly variance analysis and assist with any reforecasts
- Update and monitor cash flow projections
- Analyze and prepare monthly revenue invoices for management fees
- Assist the Manager in coordinating and completing year-end work with external accountants
- Prepare consolidated investment information for owners
- Ad-hoc requests relating to financial analysis, retrieval of information, or other matters, as required
- University education in Business Administration/Accounting
- At least two years of accounting experience
- Active pursuit of the CPA is a must have
- Highly proficient in Microsoft EXCEL
- Enjoys a fast pace environment and is highly professional, with excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours when business needs dictate
- Strong communication skills with an ability to present information in a clear manner
How to Apply