Director of Finance
$130,000-$140,000 base plus bonus, excellent benefits and vacation
Posted on January 18, 2022.
Our client is a growing Real Estate company in Markham, ON. They are looking for an experienced Accounting coming from real estate development to join the small but growing team. This position will support the current CFO and will ultimately move up to lead a significant portion of the business. As it stands now, the position will be very hands-on sole contribution role.
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Finance will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and analysis for a portfolio of real estate assets. Working with the Corporate Controller, the Director will aid in all corporate accounting, including yearly reviews and tax planning, and reporting for certain legal entities, assist with financings for new and existing assets and be a key liaison with lenders. Responsibilities will also include due diligence for acquisitions and help with pro-forma modeling, sensitivity analysis along with purchase and divestiture analysis. You will also lead development and project accounting for certain key projects, including monthly draw process. The role will provide significant exposure to senior executives and help chart the strategic growth for the organization.
- Prepare financial statements with notes in accordance with accounting standards on a monthly/quarterly/semi-annual/annual basis as per company requirements.
- Perform cash flow analysis on an individual entity and portfolio basis Perform monthly analysis of hospitality portfolio, including benchmarking
- Assist in the preparation of detailed year end working paper files for audit or review purposes.
- Manage and prepare all lender reporting along with internal debt schedules
- Assist with new and existing financings including review, drafting and negotiations of credit agreements and working with legal counsel
- Produce portfolio metrics looking for opportunities for improvement of margins
- Manage banking relationships and assist with wire transfers and cash management
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecast as required
- Assist in reviewing due diligence materials, review of asset purchase & sale agreements for the acquisition of hospitality and real estate assets.
- Develop acquisition pro-formas and perform sensitivity analysis.
- Lead project accounting and monthly draw process for key projects
- Work with tax consultants and CFO for tax review and planning for entities
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required
- Education level – University degree,
- Experience – Minimum 5 years’ experience, preferable in real estate
- Exposure to financing; due diligence; acquisitions/divestitures, project accounting and corporate tax an asset
- Specific skills – Strong computer skills, specifically in Excel with strong proficiency developing pro-formas and financial modeling.
- Personal characteristics – strong communication skills, detailed orientated, logical thinker, ability to present numbers
- Certifications – CPA certification, CFA – preferred
- Physical abilities – Must be able to sit and concentrate for long periods of time
How To Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.