Director of Finance
Toronto, Ontario (hybrid work set up)
$145K-$175K base plus 25% bonus, excellent benefits, RRSP matching and more
Posted on December 15, 2021.
Growing and Established Real Estate Company in Toronto.
Our client is a well-known company with a great name in their industry located downtown Toronto. This role is pivotal for the financial operations of the business and will manage a team of 3 individuals made up of a Manager and several analysts/accountants. The Director of Finance will report into the CFO and the growth opportunities in this organization are endless.
The Director of Finance will plan, organize, and direct the activities of the corporate head office accounting and financial reporting functions in support of overall company strategies and objectives, as established by the executive team. We are focused on finding someone who has a strong track record of building and improving processes while finding efficiencies along the way.
- Accountable for ensuring that the Company’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial and bank reporting is timely, accurate, and in compliance with GAAP.
- Preparation of the Company’s financial and management reports including internal monthly financial reporting of actuals versus budget and the quarterly statutory financial statements, notes and Management Discussion and Analysis.
- Analysis and interpretation of trends requiring management’s attention.
- Direct the organization’s accounting and financial close functions;
- Oversee the group consolidation of all divisional reporting packages from the corporate offices, US and Canadian operations;
- Provide leadership and support to the corporate and divisional finance teams as it relates to financial reporting and the application of the company’s accounting principles.
- Review and recommend accounting policy for complex transactions.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with the Director of Risk Management and Process Improvement, the recommendation and implementation of improved internal control processes.
- Oversee the quarterly and annual external audit functions.
- A leader in accounting and finance process improvements.
- Accountable for effective management of the Finance and Accounting department including: attracting and developing a skilled and engaged team, conducting employee performance reviews and establishing objectives aligned to meet the company’s strategy and direction, adherence to health & safety policy/procedures.
- Communicates business strategy and provides leadership to the team. Plans, organizes, and measures work performed within the department to professionally deliver the highest level of services in a cost effective manner
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Admin and CPA designation (CPA, CA preferred)
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in Finance/Accounting with 3 years at the Controller level
- IFRS and ASPE reporting experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Roll-up-the-sleeves attitude and an ability to work in an environment that is not as automated as other organizations its size
- Excellent interpersonal skills to lead this accounting and finance team
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.