Finance Manager – Construction Projects
$100,000 – $120,000 (plus bonus, pension, excellent benefits and 3 weeks of vacation)
Posted on October 23, 2021.
Our client is a construction company located in Toronto, ON. Due to growth, they are looking for a Finance Manager to join the Director and supervise four accountants. This Finance Manager will be responsible for reporting, budgeting, forecasting and have full ownership over day-to-day transactions for the division.
Our client offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and wellness programs. As a well-respected organization internationally, our client is a place that experiences very little turnover and is a company where you can join and grow your career in accounting/finance.
- Financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and review of taxes
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements and related schedules & notes
- Implement & manage internal control procedures
- Coordinate & manage internal and external audits
- Develop annual budgets and quarterly forecasts in concert with the respective business partners
- Investigate / analyze departmental variances from budgets/forecast on a monthly/quarterly basis – working closely with business partners
- Support accounting research to provide recommendations, ensuring the Company complies with all areas of IFRS and in accordance with established company policies and procedures
- Manage, mentor and develop finance team
- Build a strong network across various teams to handle a wide range of analytical and operational issues
- Support preparation of financial presentations & analyses for the leadership team
- Support preparation of ad-hoc financial analyses (including “what-if” scenario analysis) as required to support business partners
- 6-10 years of professional finance experience
- Education in Accounting or Business Management
- Strong knowledge percentage of completion accounting
- Supervisory experience over others
- Construction industry experience is mandatory
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.