$120,000-$150,000 base plus bonus and great benefits
Posted on November 2, 2021.
Our client is an established real estate property management company in downtown Toronto, looking for a Financial Controller to manage the accounting and finance department of 15 individuals.
This organization headquartered in Toronto acquires, leases, manages and redevelops commercial real estate assets across Canada. They have a well established and respected track record, an experienced team and takes on a hands-on approach to provide superior service to both clients and employees.
Our client is looking for a new Controller to oversee the day-to-day accounting, property accounting, and financial reporting for the group of companies. This client will only look at candidates who have a strong background in property/corporate accounting and is currently working at a managerial level.
- Provide effective management to a team of accounting professionals through mentoring, active engagement, and communicating direction, while empowering individuals to make decisions and exercise their creativity.
- Lead all day-to-day accounting operations, including updating accounting records, monitoring bank accounts, completing monthly reconciliations, AP, AR, Payroll, General Ledger, Cost Ledger, etc.
- Accountable for ensuring that the Company’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial and bank reporting is timely, accurate, and in compliance with ASPE and IFRS
- Assemble information for and liaise with external auditors
- Reconcile and maintain intercompany transactions and investment account balances
- Treasury and cash management including cash flow forecasting
- Prepare and file monthly government remittances, annual financial statements and T2 corporate tax returns
- Assist in the reporting of portfolio occupancy to the client which includes metrics such as lease rollover and net rents expiring, top vacancies by square footage, and leasing performance versus budget.
- Supply reports and monthly/quarterly financials to management, partners and investors
- Communicate business strategy and provide leadership to the team. Plans, organizes, and measures work performed within the department to professionally deliver the highest level of services in a cost-effective manner
- Quarterly and annual reporting and consolidation of the current funds
- Ad-hoc duties from senior management
- Degree or diploma and CPA designation completed
- At least 7 years of professional work experience
- Must have prior property accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices, and the analysis and reporting of financial-related reports
- Supervisory experience over at least 5 individuals
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.