$85,000-$95,000 plus great benefits
Unfortunately, this position is no longer available.
Our client is a growing Real Estate company located in Toronto, ON and is seeking a Financial Controller for their team. We are looking for an accountant to handle commercial property accounting, payroll functions, invoicing, budgeting and forecasting and all accounting/finance functions for this small yet stable company.
Reporting to the owners, the Controller will be given lots of freedom and flexibility, which is a key selling feature. The owners are results-focused; As long as the work is getting done, they will give full autonomy to the Financial Controller! If you wish to start at 7am and leave early, that is totally fine. We are looking for a very trustworthy accountant due to the confidential nature of the work at hand.
If you would like to join a very well-respected real estate company that has been around for decades and has no mortgages on their owned-properties, apply now!
- Manage all accounting operations including billing (revenue recognition), A/R, A/P, GL and payroll.
- Production of timely reports such as KPI’s, P&L’s, balance sheets and cash flow statements.
- Regular budget preparation, consolidation, and report variances
- Oversee cash flow, debt management, major equipment purchasing and financing
- Ensure compliance with all relevant government bodies
- Generate financial statements to complete reporting packages (if required) which include all schedules (depreciation, straight-line rent, prepaid, etc.)
- Input the budget in Yardi and Excel, including all schedules to complete the final budget package (including amortization schedules)
- Complete the analysis of all capital costs incurred including continuity schedules
- Prepare annual CAM (Common Area Maintenance) & final tax billing adjustments
- Prepare periodic journal entries, A/R adjustments, GST and HST reconciliation
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation
- Review of accounts payable, management fees, leasing fees, chargeback invoices to tenants
- Set up new leases in Yardi
- Prepare Annual Plans/quarterly reports including variance analysis
- Prepare year-end audit working paper files
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- CPA designation would be an asset but is not necessary
- Expertise with commercial property accounting
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience
- Must have Yardi experience
- Able to create and promote a positive and supportive working environment
- Strong EXCEL skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please apply now and contact email@example.com (with your resume and cover letter). Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for interview will be contacted.