Kitchener, Ontario (fully remote)
$50,000-$55,000 plus vacation and good benefits
Posted April 29, 2022.
This real estate organization is a growing yet stable company with a head office in Kitchener. They are currently accepting applications for the newly created position of Junior Accountant – fully remote.
The role of the Junior Accountant provides overall support for the Finance/Accounting team in a fast-paced, multi-company environment. We are looking for individuals who have 6 months to 2 years of accounting experience with a focus on accounts payable. This role will offer someone good work/life balance and a fully remote work environment.
- Proactively and accurately manage project payables and receivables
- Process bill payments, while ensuring accurate coding and timely approvals
- Monitor the accuracy of monthly billing and ensure payment is received in a timely manner
- Process vendor payments, including cheques, EFT’s, and wires
- Issue, track and manage purchase orders for multiple corporate entities and development projects
- Manage pre-authorized payments
- Reconciliation of bank, credit card and GL accounts.
- Reconciliation of intercompany accounts and transactions
- Manage correspondence and respond to vendor queries
- Create new vendors in the system and collect all relevant documentation in a timely manner
- Manage vendor details and documentation in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage and monitor the general office inbox, and file support documentation in the shared drive accordingly
- Provide support documentation to internal stakeholders as required
- Provide support on reporting requirements, and distribute reporting to internal stakeholders
- Assist with miscellaneous projects and requests from both internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum of 1-2 years accounting experience in a similar role, preferably with exposure to Construction or Real Estate Development
- Strong work ethic and commitment to continuous learning
- Detailed-oriented, while dedicated to working with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency
- Organized with excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated with ability to take initiative and identify continuous process improvements
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with QuickBooks is considered an asset
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (email@example.com) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.