Manager, Financial Reporting
Toronto, ON, Canada
$85,000-$95,000 base plus bonus and excellent benefits
Posted on November 9, 2021.
This established and growing real estate company in Toronto is looking for a new Manager of Financial Reporting. The reason the role is open is because the current person has been promoted.
Our client is a well-known company with a great name in the real estate industry in Toronto and across the country. The Finance Manager will play a pivotal role to support the accounting, financial analysis and preparation of the MD&A and financial statements along with many other exciting responsibilities.
The Finance Manager will work closely with the senior management on financial reporting, accounting and finance related matters.
- Review monthly reporting package with management including schedules, account analysis and variance analysis
- Responsible for the monthly recording and analysis of corporate expenses
- Assist in annual operating budgets and ongoing forecast
- Assist in quarterly and annual financial audit
- Responsible for corporate accounting to ensure timely close of month, quarter, and year ends
- Understand and review intercompany loan agreements and prepare the journal entries associated with those loan agreements
- Implement accounting policies and procedures into the SAP system including monitoring and reviewing of consolidated accounts
- Assist in set up of new acquisitions in ERP system
- Assist in system conversion and required system testing
- Create and coordinate payment and funding processing
- Coordinate and administer the lender underwriting process, including liaising directly with the lenders and answering their follow up questions on a timely basis
- Calculate cost benefit analysis and model out financing options, including sensitivity analysis
- Manage mortgage maturity and funding timelines
- Prepare quarterly compliance reporting packages
- Support the planning and execution of debt strategy
- Maintain mortgage and debt maturity schedules
- Assist in special projects
- Degree plus a CPA designation
- Technically strong in accounting principles, procedures and reporting (knowledge of IFRS, consolidations, etc.).
- Well-versed in public company statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
- Well aware of the risks and opportunities presented by a publicly listed company
- Strong knowledge of computer system applications including accounting and consolidation systems and Microsoft Office applications (EXCEL)
- Able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines through effective time management
- Excellent communication skills (in particular written) and comfortable dealing at all levels
- Open-minded to new ideas and approaches as well as dealing with ambiguity
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.