Mississauga, Ontario (hybrid)
$70,000-$80,000 base, bonus and benefits
Posted July 18, 2022.
Our client is an real estate company in Mississauga, Ontario. They are looking for a motivated Payroll Accountant to join the finance team. This opportunity will be an exciting role for someone to join a dynamic team within a company that prides itself on respect and having a positive work culture.
The Payroll Accountant will perform full cycle payroll processing duties along with some other ones. This company has an unmatched culture, very respectful and people-focused.
- Supporting Human Resource team to assist with new employees, terminations, and leaves of absence in ADP Workforce Now system
- Prepare and process payroll of employees (hourly, salary, and unionized employees)
- Deal with year-end payroll processing/reporting
- Ensure compliance and oversee payroll legislation
- Reporting and calculating of taxable benefits
- Responsible for handling payouts for employee terminations
- Manage recording of payroll inquiries
- Assist finance team with accounting tasks
- Communicate to management concerning Ad hoc payroll reports
- Ensure confidentiality of all information and financial data throughout company
- Accounting diploma or degree
- Payroll compliance practitioner designation would be considered an asset
- Comfortable with ADP (Workforce Now)
- Intermediate excel skills
- Knowledge of employee standards/group benefits
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (email@example.com) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.