Markham, ON (3-4 days per week in the office)
$55,000 – $64,000 plus HOOPP pension and excellent benefits
Posted on September 14, 2022.
Our client is one of the leading community hospitals in Ontario. They are looking for an intermediate Payroll Associate to join the team on a full-time basis. This position offers an excellent opportunity to work in a healthcare setting that provides high quality, patient-centred services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll for 2800 employees and handling employee payroll records.
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for healthcare, this could be an exciting opportunity for you. In the role, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Administer bi-weekly payroll for salaried/hourly employees
- Reconcile payroll registers
- Preparation of accurate payroll registers reconciliations
- Issuance of ROEs to Service Canada electronically
- Communicate with law office and courts as needed and administer garnishments
- Handle payroll enquiries from employees and departments
- Training and support of new users
- Handle payroll account reconciliations
- Assist with T4/T4A, and MDC for HOOPP
- Business Administration, Accounting or related program from Community College or University
- 2-3 years of experience in payroll
- Experience with submitting ROEs with Service Ontario
- Experience processing payroll remittances
- Skilled in Excel, Word, Outlook
- Impeccable communication and relationship building skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to manage stressful situations and a provide good service to patients
How to Apply
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team. Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.