Downtown Toronto, ON
$75,000-$85,000 base plus company-paid benefits
Posted May 17, 2022.
Our client is a Toronto-based real estate company looking to find a Project Accountant for a newly created role in the accounting team due to growth of the department. The position will have full-cycle accounting duties for a brand-new project for the group while being supported by an AP/Admin team. Individuals who are pursuing their CPA designation are encouraged to apply as the role reports to a CPA-designated Manager who can sign off on your experience.
The Project Accountant will report to the Manager of Project Accounting and will be responsible for managing the monthly accounting and reporting cycle for some high-profile residential development projects. Additional responsibilities will be required on a periodic basis including supporting project managers with information requests or financial analysis. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, well organized and hard-working. They also must feel comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and maintain accurate financial reports for internal and external stakeholders of the company’s projects, on a timely basis;
- Prepare and review monthly Job Cost reports, monitor current budgets and actual costs and propose budget transfers, when appropriate;
- Perform monthly bank and HST reconciliations and ensure HST filings are submitted on a timely basis, in accordance with CRA requirements;
- Ensure that invoices are entered into the system correctly by AP Clerks and that all the relevant supporting schedules are complete and accurate;
- Liaise with cost consultants and lenders to ensure monthly project monitor reports are completed accurately and that the funding is issued on time;
- Monitor working capital balances, analyze project cost requirements and prepare funding schedules to be used when issuing capital calls to the partners;
- Review monthly construction progress billing packages, to ensure these are prepared accurately and that all the required statutory documents are included;
- Prepare year-end financial reports and schedules and provide all required information to external accountants for preparation of financial statements and tax filings;
- Support internal teams with requested financial analysis on an ad-hoc basis;
- Post-secondary education with a specialty in Accounting or Business Administration
- CPA designation or actively pursuing it
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role; real estate accounting experience with exposure to development projects is considered an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours when business needs dictate
- Highest degree of integrity, honesty and commitment to professionalism
- Strong communication skills with an ability to present information in a clear manner
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.