$60,000-$65,000 base plus bonus, excellent benefits and vacation
Unfortunately, this position is no longer available.
Our client is a Real Estate construction company in Markham, ON. They have been growing steadily and need to expand by adding this project accountant to the team. This position will be a perfect move for a Project Accountant with a couple years of experience. Preference will be given to individuals coming from construction or real estate development.
The culture at this company is one of collaboration. Everyone is treated like an owner, encouraging and providing uninhibited opportunity to participate in the growth of the organization. As such, you will have the opportunity to contribute to and learn from the decision-making process as part of a young and dynamic team.
The Project Accountant will report to, and work closely with, the Controller. The successful candidate will be responsible for all project accounting and reporting.
- Posting all journal entries for projects
- Reconciliation of all bank and other balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Produce and analyze cash-flow projections for all projects
- Preparation of monthly and annual HST filings
- Manage the AP process from start to finish
- Reconcile all vendor invoices to contracts to ensure accuracy in billings
- Procure payment in a timely fashion
- Preparation of internal and external financial reporting
- Preparing loan draw package monthly for submission to our cost consultant
- Assist with preparation of year -end financial reports and other documentation for external accountants for project financial statements and corporate tax filings
- Continuously seek improvement and efficiency in all projects and operations
- Ad-hoc reporting and support for the development and construction teams as necessary
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Post-Secondary education in University or College in accounting or business
- At least 2 years of experience in an accounting role
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience with Sage 100 and Procor is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with emphasis on communication; both verbal and written
- Ability to follow directions, learn quickly and work independently
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to multitask
- Attention to detail and accuracy
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn. For more career opportunities in finance, please visit Winchesters.ca.