North York – hybrid role (3 days per week in office)
$80,000 – $95,000 base plus bonus
Posted on September 13, 2022.
Our client is a Toronto-based real estate development and asset management firm. They are looking for a Project Accountant to join the team on a full-time basis. This position offers an excellent opportunity to work for an organization that delivers growth-based opportunities in a hybrid role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the execution of responsibilities at both corporate and property level. You should come with previous or current experience working in a similar role, with a background in Real Estate – either in development, property management or construction.
- Supporting senior management in regards to equity and debt draws
- Maintain communication with investment partners
- Communicate financial analysis to the internal teams to allow for improvements
- Preparation of quarterly reports to be shared with investors, partners and lenders
- Review, monitor and manage invoice payables and also handle reconciliations
- Communicate with accounting firms for year-end filings
- Preparation of HST input tax credits
- Handle schedules for reporting on budgets, requirements, and investor-related reports
- Oversee budget and performance of projects
- Assist with accounts payable
- CPA designation or working towards it
- Real Estate experience is required
- Ability to work in a paperless accounting environment
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Skilled in Excel, Word, Outlook
- Impeccable communication and relationship building skills – both written and verbal
How to Apply
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team. Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted. If interested, please email email@example.com.