$70,000-$85,000 plus excellent benefits
Posted on April 29,2022.
Our client is a growing Real Estate company in mid-town Toronto. They are looking for a strong Accountant to join the dynamic and growing accounting team. Previous real estate accounting experience is a nice to have, but the real focus of this role is to prepare working papers and draft financial statements for the controller’s review.
The Project Accountant will report directly to the Controller and deal with accounting for both income-producing properties and accounting for development projects. This position is a very unique role giving the successful candidate the opportunity to have a great amount of autonomy while working in a company that really values work/life balance. This employer will require the Project Accountant to be in the office 5 days per week.
- Handle full-cycle accounting for a real estate portfolio of income producing properties that are pre-development
- Have full involvement, responsibility, and accountability for the portfolio, includes all monthly, quarterly, and annually financials
- Reconciliation and understanding of all balance sheet accounts, produce monthly financial statements and supplementary reporting
- Track capital expenditures against budget
- Monitor cash positions and anticipate future cash deficiencies
- Monitor and review monthly receivables for accuracy, adjustments/corrections
- Monthly bank reconciliations including follow up and correction of outstanding items
- Responsible for completing accounting portion of assigned property budgets
- Assist in tenant lease set up and monthly rent roll review process
- Assist in preparation of supporting working papers, documentations for year-end audit process and tax filing process
- Develop and maintain accurate financial reports for internal and external stakeholders of the company’s projects, on a timely basis
- Prepare and review monthly Job Cost reports, monitor current budgets and actual costs and propose budget transfers, when appropriate
- Perform monthly bank and HST reconciliations and ensure HST filings are submitted on a timely basis, in accordance with CRA requirements
- Liaise with cost consultants and lenders to ensure monthly project monitor reports are completed accurately and that the funding is issued on time
- Monitor working capital balances, analyze project cost requirements and prepare funding schedules to be used when issuing capital calls to the partners
- Review monthly construction progress billing packages, to ensure these are prepared accurately and that all the required statutory documents are included
- Support internal teams with requested financial analysis on an ad-hoc basis;
- University degree
- CPA Designation is a nice to have
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Hands-on experience preparing working papers and drafting financial statements
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of EXCEL
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Ability to work in the office five days per week
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.