North York, ON – near Yonge/Finch and 5 days per week onsite
$50,000-$55,000 plus 2 weeks of vacation, solid benefits after passing 3-month probation
Posted on July 19, 2022.
Our client is a full-service real estate investment, property and asset management company. They focus on the acquisition, development and management of specific types of communities. From new builds to redevelopment and expansion, the company has a vast portfolio of projects either currently under development or completed throughout the GTA.
We are looking to hire a Property Accountant (Junior Accountant). The Property Accountant is responsible for supporting the overall strategy of the accounting department. Reporting to the Manager – Accounting and Financial Analysis, the role will support the accounting department in all areas of accounting functions. The Manager is CPA designated and this is a company that supports individuals pursuing their CPA. They will even help with tuition reimbursement.
- Full cycle accounting for operating retirement homes
- Post AP batches and perform weekly cheque runs.
- Review resident billing files and post charges in Yardi Voyager.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts and produce monthly financial statements
- Maintain balance sheet and income statement support schedules
- Use budgets and forecast to analyze financial variances and trends
- Ensure all recurring, monthly and quarterly journal entries are completed including payroll, accruals and prepaids.
- Ensure all revenue and expense are recorded accurately and timely
- Analyze general ledger details and ensure accuracy of record
- Assist with budget preparation and reforecast.
- Reconcile banks and credit cards account monthly.
- Complete Month end process
- Other duties as required.
- Must have an accounting certificate or diploma in accounting with minimum 1-2 years’ experience.
- Experience preparing monthly financial statements and AP processing would be considered assets
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent English language communication abilities, both written and verbal
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent team player
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for interview will be contacted.