If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.
$65,000-$75,000 base plus bonus and pension, great benefits
Posted on December 16, 2021.
Our client is an organization where you join, grow, and stay for a while. People are tenured and they typically promote from within as they continue to grow. If you’re in property accounting at a junior/intermediate or senior level and can work in a hybrid set up in downtown Toronto, this is the role for you!
The team is looking for a strong property accountant coming with experience in commercial or retail portfolios. Unfortunately, if you only have residential experience, you will not be considered for interview.
This company has a great reputation and is growing so it’s a great time to join. The reason for the opening is because of growth of the portfolio.
- Property accounting reporting producing a variety of financial reports/statements – monthly/quarterly financial statement packages annual budget, etc.
- Bank reconciliation – bank recs and addressing any outstanding discrepancies between the bank and company statements
- General accounting – day-to-day transactions that are part of a full accounting cycle for a portfolio of real estate investments in order to maintain an accurate and transparent accounting process
- Support AR and Collections – assist the AR departments and Property Management employees in reconciling tenants’ accounts
- Support annual audit process – assist with year-end audit processes
- Year-end adjustments – ensure year-end adjustments/billing for CAM costs and taxes are processed on time and accurately
- Budgeting for recoveries – complete the accounting portion of the budget, as well as provide assistance with re-forecasting, variance analysis and reporting and budgeting activities
- College diploma or University degree and preferably pursuing a designation (CPA, CGA, CMA)
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in Property Accounting for office or retail portfolios
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced MS EXCEL skills and proficient with MS Word and Outlook
- Experience with the integration of all accounting related activities on property acquisitions