Mid-town Toronto – hybrid role
$70,000 – $80,000 base plus bonus and great benefits
Our client is a successful real estate company that develops and builds properties in North America. They are looking for a Property Accountant to join the team on a full-time basis. This position offers an excellent opportunity to work in a fast-paced role while being a key member in the finance department.
The successful candidate will be a responsible for the full cycle accounting for a portfolio of management and property entities.
If you have the necessary accounting background with the desire to join a successful team of like-minded team players, this could be an exciting opportunity for you.
- Full cycle of accounting for a portfolio of properties.
- Provide support to the sites’ Directors including resident account ledger reconciliations, system questions and payables processing support.
- Prepare supporting schedules for monthly accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Responsible to ensure all invoices processed by the residences in Yardi Payscan are correctly coded and distributed by the right approval workflow. Process corporate invoices for payment.
- Prepare standard monthly working paper files including key account reconciliations and detailed income statement actual variance analysis to budget.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual operational reporting packages for review.
- Prepare year-end working paper files and assist with year end audit requests.
- Assist with operating budget process with information requests from the Operations team.
- Support the Accounting Manager in providing accurate and timely financial and non-financial information requests to other departments in the group.
- Ad hoc as required.
- University degree in accounting or college diploma
- At least two years of accounting experience
- Real estate accounting experience preferred along with Yardi software experience
- Strong EXCEL skills
- Great communication skills
How to Apply
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team. Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted. Please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com