$65,000-$75,000 base plus bonus, group retirement plan, and great benefits
Posted on April 29,2022.
Our client is an organization where you join, grow, and stay for a while. People are tenured and they typically promote from within as they continue to grow. If you’re in property accounting and live in Toronto, this is the role for you! They do 5 days per week in the office but are looking into more flexible options.
The team is looking for a property accountant who has some experience and wants to work as a commercial property accountant, coming with experience in residential, commercial, industrial, or retail portfolios.
This company has a great reputation and is growing so it’s a great time to join. The reason for the opening is because of growth of the portfolio. Also, this company is the one of the few property management companies that has solid work/life balance.
- Responsible for the full cycle day-to-day accounting which includes: recording transactions, accruals, reviewing accounts payable, completion of bank reconciliations, HST returns, and reconciliations of inter-company transactions and balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare CAM and Tax recoveries and reconciliations for properties.
- Prepare monthly cash flow projections and cash distributions.
- Review and generate monthly billings for tenants.
- Liaise with property management, leasing and other departments pertaining to daily operations.
- Oversee lease setup and create recovery models for newly acquired properties.
- Month-end close procedures, including the preparation of monthly financial statements and financial reports, as well as monthly variance analysis and discussion to support budget overages and margin erosions for assigned properties.
- Work with property management and other parties to prepare annual budgets and reforecasts.
- Assist with year-end audit processes and quarterly reviews through the preparation of audit working papers.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements or efficiencies.
- Other ad-hoc projects.
- College diploma or University degree and preferably pursuing a designation (CPA, CGA, CMA)
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Property Accounting for office or retail portfolios
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced MS EXCEL skills and proficient with MS Word and Outlook
- Experience with the integration of all accounting related activities on property acquisitions
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.