Senior Accountant / Assistant Controller
$60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year plus bonus and excellent benefits
Located in Cambridge – onsite position with future opportunities of hybrid
Posted on July 20, 2022.
Reporting to the Controller & General Manager, the Assistant Controller will be a hands-on individual who manages full cycle accounting from source document processing all the way through to financial statement and supporting schedule preparation and analysis. The Assistant Controller will have a thorough understanding of the day-to-day operations; provide critical analysis and support all aspects of the operation. The Assistant Controller will also be responsible for the operation and administration of the company’s front office. The Assistant Controller must actively collaborate with all functions across the company.
- Accountable for the timely completion of transactions and reporting all financial information to divisional management and Controller
- Run hourly payroll
- Lead the monthly accounting cycle, executing regular reporting and month-end closing procedures
- Ensure financials are accurately stated while ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Controlling and improving all cost accounting functions within the company, providing job level analysis to management and working as a partner to understand what the data means and taking corrective actions encouraging growth
- Managing all risk and ensuring proper and effective control processes are in place at all times.
- Accounts Receivable, Cash and Banking, Fixed Assets, Inventories, and Purchase Order usage
- Ensure compliance with all Corporate Policies and that timely communication and quality reporting occur. Provide quality insights based on financial data and participate in the process of communicating and using that data to grow the company
- Liaise with Corporate Office to ensure accounting and reporting standards are implemented locally
Necessary Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a full-cycle accounting role
- College or University Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and financial processes from source document processing to period close and generation of financials
- Strong communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Strong Technical abilities, able to quickly learn and adapt to new systems
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office suite
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (email@example.com) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.