$80,000 to $90,000 (with paid vacations; please note that during this time, dental/health benefits are unavailable)
Posted on May 11, 2021
We’re seeking an experienced Senior Accountant who possesses a real estate background with development accounting experience. Our client is an established, family-run real estate company in Concord, Ontario. The ideal candidate is reliable, dedicated, and interested in long-term growth for years to come. The successful candidate will act as the finance department head for the company. Reporting directly to the Owner, the candidate will also work with the Owner and external parties (joint ventures, financiers, consultants, government agencies and others) to complete finance, accounting, and reporting tasks for all projects.
This is a unique role because it provides the successful candidate full autonomy to be as a hands-on leader for the company. The company also offers a flexible and relaxed work environment. So ditch the stressful, corporate job in Toronto and apply now for a much more relaxed work setting in Concord!
- Work directly with the Owner in the design of the initial ownership structuring of projects and partnerships
- Responsible for all accounting matters – draws, deposits, equity, mortgage payments, etc.
- Manage the monthly construction draw process with the project cost consultant and construction lender
- Construction accounting software lead (Jonas and Quickbooks)
- Cash flow management – keep track of all bank accounts, monthly deposits and payables – maintain the funding of accounts and handle equity deposits when necessary
- Handle all of the mortgages and lending agreements, paying particular attention to when they must be renewed or renegotiated
- Track sales agreements and related deposits
- Deal with closing processes, managing all deposits from purchasers and from tenants
- Manage equity draws for project ownership entities, partnerships and joint ventures consistent with their respective legal structuring
- Handle insurance for some of the real estate properties under management
- Liaise with Tarion and the opening of new registrations
- Review statement of adjustments on acquisitions and sales
- Liaise with external accountant and provide year-end working papers
- Ad-hoc duties as required
- A University degree; CPA Designation is an asset (but not required)
- 3+ years experience in finance/accounting in real estate would be an asset
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
If you’re interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for interview will be contacted.