$70,000 – $80,000
Posted on June 23, 2021.
Our client is a well-established public accounting firm in Toronto seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join their team. The Senior Accountant will oversee the auditing and financial operations of the firm, using their expertise to mentor staff for the firm’s governance development.
This is a full-time job and the Senior Accountant will work out of the company’s Toronto office. The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge in auditing with a strong tax background. We are also looking for Senior Accounts with superb leadership skills in a corporate environment.
This role is a great career opportunity for professionals interested in auditing. Our client offers programs to support their staff in work flexibility, compensation, and career growth!
If you are an experienced professional seeking an exciting opportunity in auditing, this role is a perfect fit for you!
- Planning and execution of field assignments, including Audit and Review engagements along with NTR’s
- Deliver completed files for review on a timely basis
- Possessing an appropriate level of personal and corporate tax knowledge while maintaining and developing strong technical audit and accounting knowledge
- Obtain/maintain a strong understanding of clients’ businesses and respond promptly to and be proactive to anticipate clients’ needs
- Managing daily workflow and ensuring that deadlines are adhered to
- Helping to manage audit staffing schedules
- Keeping partners informed of engagement status
- Preparation of personal tax returns during busy season
- Supervise and assist with developing junior staff
- Experience with reviewing juniors file sections or entire files
- University/college degree with CPA (or CA, CGA, CMA) designation
- Minimum 3-5 years of management experience in a public accounting industry
- Experience in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel), Caseware, Caseview, and Taxprep would be an asset
- Superb communication skills with the ability to work as a leader and team member
How To Apply
If you are interested in this role, please contact Casey La Russa (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn. For more career opportunities in finance and auditing, please visit Winchesters.ca.