Senior Associate – Financing and Development
$100,000-$140,000 base plus 20% bonus
Toronto, Ontario – Hybrid downtown Toronto
Posted on August 30, 2022.
With this company being one of the fastest growing real estate companies in Canada you will get experience and insight into the multifaceted operations and execution of high-profile real estate development projects. You will be responsible for the day-to-day duties of managing real estate models, acquisitions, feasibility studies, monitoring project performance, financing, modelling, planning and analyzing budgets. If this brand-new position sounds like a fit for you, do not hesitate to apply. You will be working directly for the CEO and the partners in the business. One major selling feature will be hiring 1-2 analysts within your first 6 months on the job.
- Technical analysis for acquisitions and deal disposition
- Underwrite new development deals and create intricate proforma budgets
- Conduct project budget review with focus on actual vs budget proformas monthly to meet company and project objectives
- Analyze project cash flows and prepare sensitivity analysis to study impacts on overall project
- Prepare equity and investment IRR waterfall analysis to ensure KPI’s are met
- Continuously Monitor and update all project proformas, cashflows and IRR models in conjunction with project accountants, controller, and CFO
- Create monthly project financial reports to present to LP partners, CEO, CFO and COO
- Participate, collaborate and give recommendations on projects and identify efficiencies for continuous improvements
- Assist with execution of development portfolio strategy related to investments and supporting executive team on execution of transactional activity
- Must have at least three (3) or more years’ experience in financial / development analysis in real estate development
- Completed a university degree
- CFA is definitely an asset
- Have a thorough understanding of high rise and mixed-use development
- Are analytical and have ability to produce analysis in appropriate language and style
- Possess excellent communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Have strong process management/improvement skills with a mindset for continuous improvement
- Have ability to manage your time, with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks within a demanding environment
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office suite some modeling software (Word, Excel, Project, Outlook)
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please apply now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for interview will be contacted.