Senior Associate – Real Estate Development Investments
Toronto, ON – in-office
$125,000-$140,000 base plus $100,000 bonus and excellent benefits
Our client is a well-established real estate PE firm looking to hire a Senior Associate of Development Investments. This is an excellent role for a an real estate professional who has a strong financial modelling skillset and has participated in underwriting new investment opportunities to acquire land and development residential assets. The client would like an individual who has experience with development projects from acquisition to completion of the development or disposition, taking a proactive role to manage risk and maximize returns. As a senior associate you would be in charge of between 5 and 7 active investments.
Growth and earning potential is unmatched with this company, apply now to find out more.
- Participate in underwriting new investment opportunities to acquire land and develop residential assets
- Create the pro forma, assist the VP in coordinating all underwriting and acquisition activities, prepare the Investment Committee memo, present to the Investment Committee and prepare all necessary investor presentations, investment offering documents and legal agreements
- Oversee the execution of development plans for active development projects from acquisition to completion of the development or disposition taking a proactive and “hands-on” approach to managing risk and maximizing returns on all projects
- Participate in all key project decisions and critical project management meetings through the entire development life cycle (planning, design, sales, permits, construction and delivery phases) to ensure the project is delivering on time and on budget.
- Review, critically assess and prepare project cash flows and pro forma financial projections
- Regularly evaluate market conditions to identify changes that give rise to opportunities to either further maximize returns or mitigate risk.
- Prepare advanced financial analyses to assist senior management in the evaluation of various real estate decisions at different stages throughout real estate development cycle.
- Conduct budget-to-actual variance analysis for existing projects; ongoing budget management; in-depth understanding of costs incurred vs. cost to complete. Creating cash flow models, sensitivity tables, rent roll analyses, joint venture waterfall models, and other financial analyses required to evaluate and pursue acquisition opportunities.
- Review and critically analyze progress draw reports.
- Perform an active and critical role in the construction financing stage of each project.
- Maintain project files and follow-up on all necessary correspondence and communications.
- Prepare and present updated financial projections and executive reports to the executive team.
- Support and mentor junior team members.
- Must have a minimum of four years of relevant real estate development experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business / finance, economics, engineering or related field.
- A strong understanding of the full lifecycle of development from acquisition to approvals, unit sales, financing, construction, home closings and disbursements.
- Experience conducting financial analysis for development projects using advanced models in MS-Excel.
- Strong understanding of and ability to interpret, analyze and challenge project budgets and pro formas (experience analyzing financial statements is an asset).
- Experience developing and maintaining budgets, project pro formas, cash flow projections and financial reports.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Send your resume to email@example.com Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for interview will be contacted.