Senior Construction Accountant
$90,000 – $100,000 base (plus bonus, pension, 3 weeks’ vacation, and excellent benefits)
Unfortunately, this position is no longer available.
Our client is a large real estate organization looking to hire a Senior Construction Accountant in this new position for the department. This is an excellent role for an accountant who has worked in development or construction and has experience with the draw process, working with cost consultants, and dealing with joint venture partners. This company can offer unparalleled benefits that go along with a great compensation package. The Senior Construction Accountant will work on a varied array of interesting responsibilities like monthly draw work, monthly percentage/cost to complete analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and more.
- Prepare analysis for income-producing property transfer packages for buildings/units that are fully developed and ready for intended use. This includes ensuring tenant and recovery setup and proper allocation of site servicing/land and capitalized interest/salaries.
- Review monthly and quarterly percentage/cost to complete.
- Assist in portfolio level review and completion of monthly financial results and variance analysis for management.
- Set up new joint venture project templates including mapping of construction categories, funding and construction loan draw, financial and construction reporting, draw & equity reconciliation in compliance with the company and JV protocols and ensure compliance with JV agreements.
- Review and produce monthly Construction/Mezz loan tracking schedule.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new or improvement of development department process and procures and provide support and training for department member on implementation of changes.
- Prepare quarterly property financial forecasts and annual budget, including revenue and recovery calculations.
- Ad-hoc support to Corporate finance, Property Accounting, Development Executive, Valuations, Tax and JV partners.
- Assist in preparation of portfolio level review and reporting, to management, co-owners, and auditors.
- Ensure all Internal Control Policies and Procedures are followed, including the documentation and completion of proper audit trails.
- Identify gaps in existing policies and procedures and escalate as appropriate.
- Degree or diploma
- Experience working in development or construction accounting
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices, and the analysis and reporting of financial-related reports
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please apply now and contact firstname.lastname@example.org (with your resume and cover letter). Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for interview will be contacted.