Senior Corporate Accountant
$80,000-$90,000 base plus bonus and excellent benefits
Posted on March 15, 2022.
This growing real estate company in Toronto is looking for a new Senior Corporate Accountant.
Our client is a well-known company with a great name in the real estate industry located in Toronto. This role is pivotal for the financial operations of the business and will not manage any individuals, but will act as a senior over an AP associate.
The Senior Corporate Accountant will support the accounting department through the accurate and timely preparation of journal entries, working papers and account reconciliations for the company’s corporate entities in North America, in addition to participating in budgeting, reporting and other processes. The Senior Corporate Accountant is expected to add value to this role by developing an understanding of the businesses supported and the relevance of accounting entries and reconciliations for which he/she is responsible, as well as his/her drive for continuous improvement.
- Assist with daily operations of corporate accounting functions, including journal entries and maintenance of the general ledger, recording of intercompany loans, investments, distributions and management fees, maintaining third party debt and equity transactions, accounts payable, cash and fixed assets and preparation of working papers as required.
- Prepare month-end reconciliations and journal entries including accruals, prepayments, amortization, bank reconciliations and other entries as required.
- Analyze variances from budget, forecast and prior period to provide commentary.
- Work proactively to identify and resolve issues regarding the monthly financial results and liaise with various departments (Tax, Treasury, Legal) as required.
- Prepare HST returns and initiate payments for HST-registered entities in Canada.
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Participate in annual budgeting process.
- Provide assistance to external and internal auditors as required.
- Assist with the preparation of statutory financial statements for legal entities.
- Assist where necessary on any special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a corporate accounting function
- Experience in a large corporate/publicly traded organization and/or in a multi-currency environment considered is preferred
- University degree is an asset
- CPA designation or CPA program substantially completed is an asset
- Large ERP is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with excellent attention to detail
- Effective written and oral communication skills
How To Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.