Senior Financial Analyst
Downtown Toronto, ON
$80,000-$90,000 base plus bonus and company paid benefits
Posted April 29,2022.
Our client is a Toronto-based real estate company looking to find a Senior Financial Analyst who will work on 50% accounting duties and 50% finance and operational duties. This is a brand-new position due to growth of the business and team. The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Senior Manager of Finance and will be responsible for dealing with construction progress draws on a monthly basis.
This individual will work with multiple high-profile projects in Toronto in various stages of construction, while coordinating with the accounting department to ensure that packages are prepared accurately and in a timely manner. You will assist with monthly accounting procedures, site office organization and operational support. An exciting part of this role will be assisting with the development and maintenance of new EXCEL-based tools to support general construction management.
- Utilize budget tools and other tools to aid with positive budget outcomes for projects.
- Maintain strong cost accounting controls through budget transfers, change orders, awards, settlements, etc.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with each project’s site staff, the accounting department and various trade billing departments.
- Analyze trends and historical data for budgeting / operational purposes.
- Assist with developing site office operating procedures and protocols, specific to accounting and document control.
- Assist with approvals workflow to ensure timely review / approval of documents.
- Assist with preparation of month-end reports and reconciliations for construction management subsidiary companies.
- Conduct a detailed review of invoices each month with the Project Manager and receive their sign off.
- Coordinate and work closely with the accounting department to ensure invoices are processed and cheques cut in time for monthly budget meeting.
- Process invoices to ensure all necessary paperwork is received and all internal processes are followed.
- Attend all monthly progress draw and cheque signing meetings
- If requested, draft memos and covering letters
- This position is to be involved in the project closeout process, obtaining close out documentation from the trades and producing close out forms for review and sign off.
- Cost sharing rules – Certain projects will require you to become an expert on cost sharing rules by understanding which trades are affected and how they are applied. You will ensure all cost sharing rules are applied correctly and reflected in the schedule of values on the trade invoices.
- CPA designation
- Current or previous audit firm experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint, with good typing speed
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment and is highly professional, with excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours when business needs dictate.
- Open and adaptable to providing all types of support to the office and fellow team members as required
- Strong communication skills with an ability to present information in a clear manner
- Self-starter attitude with an ability to work in a small office environment without constant guidance and direction
- Strong organizational and planning skills with prioritizing and multi-tasking abilities to meet time sensitive deadlines
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.