Senior Financial Analyst
Toronto, ON – onsite
$85,000-$95,000 base plus 20% bonus and excellent benefits
Our client is a renowned private equity firm in Toronto looking to find a strong CPA-designated senior financial analyst for this new division in the group.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) will be responsible for performing assigned corporate finance and accounting duties, including the month-end close process, the coordination of the year-end audit process, the development of new financial reports in the accounting system, and assisting with corporate level budgeting and forecasting, while ensuring constant adherence to internal financial controls and up to date with accounting standards.
- Assist with monthly financial close and preparation of the monthly management financial presentation including follow-up on key issues identified.
- Act as the primary point of contact for third party property managed investments, including review and oversight of their work, recording of corporate adjustments, as well as coordinating funding requests and construction draws
- Maintain established audit systems and procedures, oversee audit working papers and schedules and resolve any audit issues efficiently.
- Develop and foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Ensure proactive timely resolution of all co-worker inquiries.
- Complete variance analysis for forecasts prepared.
- Perform special projects and ad hoc reporting as required.
- Act as one of the primary points of contact for external auditors and tax consultants.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- University degree in Business and/or Accounting.
- Recently qualified CPA and a proven track record of high performance.
- Self-motivated and adaptable to a changing and fast paced corporate environment managing multiple competing deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Team player, willing to always support the team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with keen attention to detail and an open attitude towards learning.
- Real Estate industry experience is an asset, but not necessary.
- Computer literate including strong Excel skills and ability to adapt to and learn software
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for interview will be contacted. Send your resume to email@example.com