Senior Manager – Assurance
Base Salary: Based on experience
Posted on May 19, 2021.
We are a professional public accounting firm in Toronto looking for a full time Audit and Assurance Senior Manager who is interested in guiding and mentoring a team, contributing to governance of the firm and business development. This position requires several years’ management experience in public accounting. We are growing; thus, there’s ample advancement opportunities within our firm! Our ideal candidate possesses career aspirations include becoming a Partner, being a leader/difference maker in a firm environment, and performing business development.
- reviewing engagement files and tax returns;
- building strong relationships with clients;
- acting as the “go to” person for experienced accounting staff;
- coaching and performance management of the accounting team, and ad hoc training for others in the Firm;
- interacting with the team and the office’s scheduler for any client engagements;
- becoming an integral part of the management team and assisting with practice management;
- identifying value-added service opportunities and networking for new business.
- qualified accounting designation (CPA in combination with CA, CGA, CMA);
- strong tax knowledge;
- three to five years managerial working experience in a public accounting environment and overseeing accounting client work, including file and tax return reviews is a must;
- experience as the “doer” performing similar work;
- personal and corporate tax experience of some complexity;
- experience working with privately-held corporations is a must;
- work experience with Caseware/Caseview, Tax Prep, and Excel software programs;
- client service and relationship building excellence (for external and internal clients);
- detail orientation and analytical/inquiry skills that will enable a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses;
- excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation)
If you are interested in this role, please contact Casey La Russa (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn. For more career opportunities in finance and auditing, please visit Winchesters.ca.