Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
North York, Ontario (Hybrid – 2 to 3 days in office)
$140,000 – $160,000 base plus bonus and excellent benefits/vacation
Posted on September 29, 2022.
Our client is a Toronto-based real estate company. They are looking for a Senior Manager or experienced manager who comes from a public accounting firm background, with a focus on financial reporting. This position offers an excellent opportunity to use your strategic thinking skills to identify opportunities and analyze issues.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and leading the external financial reporting process. This role will provide the right candidate the opportunity to work closely with senior management and the CFO in playing a critical role for the whole company’s accounting/finance department.
In the role, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Train, mentor and lead the financial reporting team of 8-10 individuals
- Review year-end/monthly financial and tax reporting to internal/external stakeholders
- Mentor and support the corporate and divisional finance teams in regards to financial reporting
- Review and offer recommendations for the accounting policies for complex/tedious transactions
- Identify improvements for processes and procedures within financial reporting
- Liaise and engage with investments partners
- Assess the adequacy of land and homebuilding budgets
- Other ad-hoc duties as required within the financial reporting team
- Bachelor degree in accounting/finance with CPA designation
- Minimum of 6-10 years of proven experience in an accounting role
- Foundational public accounting with audit experience is required
- Experience with reviewing financial statements, tax, and working paper packages
- Experience within the real estate industry is considered an asset
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Good team building, communication, and multitasking skills
How to Apply
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team. Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you’re interested, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org