Senior Manager, Tax
North York, ON
$130,000-$170,000 base plus bonus and other incentives, 4 weeks of vacation
Unfortunately, this position is no longer available.
Our client is a reputable mid-sized public accounting firm in North York with audit, advisory, and tax services. The firm is looking for a senior manager or manager of Canadian Corporate Tax to join the business and hopefully grow with the firm to become a partner. The firm’s tax group has an excellent reputation working primarily with private organizations and this individual will be reviewing personal and corporate tax work within his/her team along with, trust and estate planning work and some M&A work.
This firm is one where individuals join and don’t leave because of the great working environment and positive culture that they promote. Located in North York near Highway 401, the firm is in an excellent location for anyone living in the GTA or commuting in. Don’t wait any longer and apply now!
- Ability to review large corporate tax returns and identify planning opportunities;
- Research Canadian tax matters and develop tax planning strategies;
- Developing international tax planning initiatives and strategies;
- Assist with corporate reorganizations, transactions, and other tax planning;
- Preparation of tax memorandums;
- Preparation of tax due diligence reports;
- Expertise in interpreting and applying tax legislation;
- Ability to train and manage junior team members;
- Identify business development opportunities;
- CPA, CA, CGA, or CMA, lawyer, CICA In-Depth Tax Course or a Master of Tax completed;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a tax role with Canadian Core and International Tax experience;
- Computer proficient; knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, TaxPrep, TaxnetPro/CCH or similar tax research software;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to organize, prepare, and clearly present information to our clients and team;
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.