Senior Project Accountant
$70,000-$85,000 base plus bonus, 3 weeks of vacation and benefits
Posted on August 4, 2022.
Our client is a growing company with their head office in Aurora, Ontario, Canada. The Finance Director is looking for a Senior Project Accountant to come with experience in construction accounting or development accounting. This is a great position for someone looking for a stable company that has a lovely comfortable work environment. You would be in charge of cash flow forecasting, financial statement preparation and more. We’re looking for someone beyond a bookkeeper.
Drop that corporate stuffy downtown office job and apply to this unique, family-focused developer in Aurora, Ontario. If you think this is you, apply now!
- Responsible for development projects with a total budget of $250m+
- Maintain budgets, review cost to Complete and forecast expenses to incorporate project changes.
- Identify, discuss & resolve budget-related concerns internally with the construction management team.
- Discuss, monitor and resolve issues regarding budget, cost movement and forecast with independent cost consultants. Track budget changes and perform budget updates on a monthly basis.
- Prepare budget reports for Senior Management including income and cash flow projections and pro-forma analysis.
- Prepare a monthly cash flow statement for the Finance Director and discuss cash requirements and plan accordingly for it.
- Prepare project updates information package (Draws) for Cost Consultants for funding requirements of the project.
- Communicate with Lending Institutions regarding funding release.
- Review the release of AP based on approvals, project requirements and funds available.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and stub period ends including recording revenue, cost of sale and cost to complete accruals.
- Prepare financial analysis and reports as required to support management’s decision making.
- If any internal control issues are found, take steps to ensure management is informed and the solution rolled out and the staff understand it.
- Post-secondary education with a specialty in Accounting, Business or Finance
- Deep understanding of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role – land development or construction / home building
- Newstar is a nice to have
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Highly driven, committed, organized and flexible with the ability to meet challenging deadlines and multiple priorities
- Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail
Interested individuals are invited to apply now or submit their resumes to email@example.com.We appreciate the interest of all candidates. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.