Senior Project Accountant
Downtown Toronto, Ontario
Competitive base plus bonus, 3 weeks of vacation and benefits
Posted on April 29, 2022.
Our client is a growing company with their head office downtown Toronto. The CFO is looking for a Senior Project Accountant to join in a newly created role due on growth of the organization. This is a great position for someone looking for a stable company that has a very positive work environment. The Senior Project Accountant will handle the preparation of monthly cash calls and draws, maintain multiple project budgets, and full cycle accounting for the various projects under the development team.
The plan is to have this individual eventually move up to oversee the whole development accounting function of the group of companies as a controller. If you’re looking for a role where you will be exposed to more than just accounting, apply now!
• Prepare and process cash calls, assist in cash flow analysis.
• Record, and reconcile project capital to ensure sufficient project liquidity, and prepare bank reconciliations.
• Prepare monthly construction draw packages and assess costs incurred to budget.
• Record journal entries, maintain and reconcile general ledger, and job cost reports.
• Work with AP to ensure accurate and timely weekly accounts payable processing for projects.
• Maintain a working paper file for each project including support for GL balances and actual vs budget analysis.
• Perform timely month-end close and ensure all pertinent transactions, including setting up monthly accruals, are recorded.
• Assist in preparation of quarterly financial reporting packages to senior management and external business partners.
• Provide support to the audit and tax teams, respond to queries.
• Support team members and other departments as required.
• Post-secondary education with a specialty in Accounting, Business or Finance
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in project accounting
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Highly driven, committed, organized and flexible with the ability to meet challenging deadlines and multiple priorities
• Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.