Senior Project Accountant
Downtown Toronto, ON
$80,000-$90,000 base (plus discretionary bonus, full health and dental benefits and 3 weeks of vacation)
Unfortunately, this position is no longer available.
Our client is an excellent project-based business that is in growth mode. This Canadian business has year-over-year been ranked one of the best places to work and they are looking for a strong Senior Project Accountant to join the team. This role will be instrumental in supporting the accounting department through project accounting, financial analysis and financial reporting.
You will have the opportunity to work on interesting special projects along with maintaining project budgets, processing consultant invoices, billing and accounts receivable and other duties as required.
- Project Accounting
- Setting up and maintenance of projects
- Tracking and processing consultant payments
- Monthly billing of projects
- Reviewing and analyzing projects
- Prepare monthly disbursement invoices
- Manage consultant payment using pay when paid method
- Project analysis
- Compiling financial projections and reports
- Maintenance and development of project budgets
- Collections and AR tracking
- Timesheets and expense reporting
- Ensure consistency with firms policies and procedures
- Many other ad hoc projects as they come up
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Some project accounting experience in a professional services firm – architecture or design firm preferred
- Advanced proficiency with EXCEL
- Experience with Deltek Vision and Vision Resource Planning preferred
- Highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with ability to prioritize
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- Ability to work with large teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (with your resume and cover letter). Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for interview will be contacted.