Senior Property Accountant
$85,000-$95,000 plus great benefits
Posted May 5,2022.
Our client is an established and stable Real Estate company located in the Concord, Ontario. We are looking for a senior property accountant to handle property accounting and investment reporting for a number of companies that are owned by the President of the company. This role will also be involved with cash management activities and potentially some project accounting.
Reporting directly to the President, the Senior Property Accountant will have direct access to working with the owners of the different businesses. We are looking for a very trustworthy accountant due to the confidential nature of the work at hand. If you would like to join a very well-respected real estate company in Concord, apply now.
- Review leases prepared by property manager and update in the leasing program ensuring accurate breakdown of rent, parking, and TMI
- Prepare quarterly mortgage compliance reports for bank
- Prepare year end reconciliations of TMI costs against recoveries from tenants
- Prepare year end working papers for external accountants
- Track investments in real estate properties and other projects
- Monitor cash distributions and contributions
- Prepare reports to owners
- Cash management of bank accounts for rental properties, including cash receipts, bank reconciliations, wires, cash calls, and distributions
- Billings to tenants and rent collections for a number of commercial properties
- Perform treasury functions to ensure there is a sufficient cash balance amongst a number of corporate bank accounts
- Prepare a weekly cash report of the changes in bank accounts and the ending cash positions
- Prepare quarterly cash flow for the US properties, including projection of future distributions
- Review real estate trade deals, including calculating commissions and billing the co-operating brokerage
- Other duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- CPA designation would be an asset but is not necessary
- Expertise with commercial/residential property accounting
- Payroll experience ideally with unionized and salaried staff
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience
- Experience using Newstar is not mandatory but definitely nice to have
- Able to create and promote a positive and supportive working environment
- Strong EXCEL skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.