If you are interested in this role, please contact Casey La Russa (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn. For more career opportunities in finance and auditing, please visit Winchesters.ca.
Senior Staff Accountant – Greater Toronto Area, ON – Competitive Compensation and Great BenefitsRenee Cosme
Senior Staff Accountant
Senior Staff Accountant
Greater Toronto Area, ON
Competitive compensation and great benefits
Posted on June 30, 2021.
Our client is a public accounting firm located in the Greater Toronto Area and they are seeking an experienced Staff Accountant with his/her CPA completed or actively pursuing it. The continued growth of the team’s assurance practice has led to the opportunity for a motivated intermediate or senior accountant to join the team.
The firm offers great career development and progression, coaching, flexible work arrangements and a very competitive total compensation package for this area of Ontario.
- Working with a diverse client base of small to mid-sized owner managed businesses across many industries, not for profit organizations, professional services, and individuals
- Plan and prepare time budget for review and audit engagements for subsequent approval by the Manager and/or the Partner;
- Prepare financial statements including all the required notes and year end letters (i.e., enclosure letter, legal information letter and engagement letter);
- Ensure that all planned procedures have been completed in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures, and GAAS, if applicable. Also, to ensure that all queries and outstanding points have been cleared satisfactorily;
- Complete the following audit sections: walkthroughs, internal control analysis, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, revenue and expenses;
- Complete entire NTRs, reviews and small audits;
- Train and supervise junior staff on audit engagements;
- Prepare corporate and personal tax returns;
- Promptly review any significant assurance engagement findings or questions involving accounting principles or statement presentation with the Manager or Partner and make suggestions as to their resolution
- CPA (CA, CGA, or CMA) designation (or close to) with public accounting experience
- Sound knowledge of GAAP, audit and review procedures, and tax compliance
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn and develop
- Strong Microsoft Office skills particularly in MS Excel
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written