Senior Tax Associate
North York, Ontario
$70,000 – $80,000 + Bonus
Posted on September 9, 2022.
Our client is a successful and rapidly growing Canadian based accounting, tax, and advisory firm. They are looking for a motivated Senior Tax Accountant to join the team. This opportunity will be an exciting role to join a highly collaborative and creativity-driven team that supports personal and professional growth.
This opportunity will be highly client oriented, focusing on: assisting clients with their income tax returns, researching up-to-date and relevant tax law, and being an internal resource to senior staff and providing support for junior staff and clients.
- Accurately prepare advanced corporate, personal, and trust tax returns and necessary working paper support.
- Research relevant tax litigation and ensure compliance with tax law regulations.
- Support tax savings during preparation and review and keep track of industry trends and changes related to taxes.
- Provide diligent support and guidance during CRA audits including responding to pre and post CRA assessment requests.
- Readily provide relevant tax research and information with clients and handle tax advisory and consulting responsibilities
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- 3-5 years of Canadian experience working in a public accounting firm with a tax specialization
- Completed CPA designation and have interest in pursing the Tax In-Depth and/or MTax program(s)
- Extensive experience and understanding of Canadian corporate and personal tax returns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level time management and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Quickbooks, Word and Excel, and highly computer literate overall
- Knowledge of Caseware/Caseview and Tax Preparation
How to Apply
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team. Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you’re interested, email your resume to email@example.com