Senior Tax & Compliance Officer
North York, Ontario
$120,000 – $145,000 + Bonus
Our client is a national, family-owned, construction and building supply company. They operate on the pillars of quality, integrity, and trustworthiness that have defined the success of their business.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to join an established tax function within a large company in a leadership position providing a variety of tax compliance services and mentorship to staff. This position is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious tax professional looking to make the next step in their career and move to the industry.
- Preparing and examining accounting records and financial reports including corporations, partnerships, and high-net-worth individuals.
- Preparing and reviewing various tax compliance files.
- Managing and leading correspondences with tax authorities.
- Providing assistance with audits.
- Conducting tax research and analysis.
- Working closely with the CFO on various tax planning and liability engagements.
- Providing mentorship and guidance to junior members of the tax team.
As an ideal candidate you will have the following:
- 4-6 years of prior tax experience within a public accounting firm.
- CPA designation. Tax In-Depth is considered an asset.
- Previous managerial or leadership experience.
- Knowledge of a broad range of Canadian corporate income tax matters.
- Comfortable handling multiple tasks and engagements simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team. Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you’re interested, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org