Senior Tax Manager
North York, Ontario
$140,000 – $165,000 + Bonus
Our client is a successful Canadian based accounting, tax, and advisory firm. They
value team collaboration – promoting new ideas, developing an environment of
employee partnering, and focusing on personal and professional development.
This role will report to the Tax Partners where you will have the opportunity to join a
fast-growing tax function in a senior leadership position working on a variety of tax files
and tax planning engagements. If you are looking for the next step in your career and
want more advanced tax exposure this could be an exciting opportunity for you.
- Identify and develop high value tax opportunities for their clients.
- Review income tax and/or indirect tax returns, elections and other tax filings or information
- Advising clients on tax controversy matters, including the tax audit and/or appeals process and
- Advise and assist in developing tax-efficient strategies to manage client advisory services.
- Lead as a part of a growing tax practice supporting both our firm personnel and clients.
- Develop, train, and mentor junior team members.
- Work with other specialty groups on technical matters such as corporate taxation, partnerships,
international tax, mergers and acquisitions.
- Planning, managing and executing on advice engagements.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- 5+ years of prior tax experience within a public accounting firm.
- CPA or equivalent designation. Tax In-Depth or MTax is an asset.
- Prior managerial or leadership experience.
- Ability to analyze new or existing tax rules and regulations in key jurisdictions.
- High level of research and compilation experience.
- Knowledge of a broad range of Canadian corporate income tax matters in various industries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our
team. Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process
will be contacted. If you’re interested, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org