North GTA, Ontario – Hybrid
$200,000 – $240,000 + Bonus
Our client is a reputable Canadian-based accounting firm that is looking for a motivated Tax Director to join the team. This position offers many excellent benefits and opportunities for growth and development.
They offer a very competitive compensation package and various bonus and commission programs. You will be responsible for leading and managing multiple tax-related projects. If you are ready to take the next step in your career, I want to hear from you!
- Handle corporate reorganizations.
- Review legal documents to identify tax issues and opportunities.
- Work with clients to address tax compliance issues.
- Prepare findings, facts, and highlights from client engagements.
- Investigate and correct discrepancies/irregularities.
- Identify tax opportunities and tax strategies.
- Review tax returns to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborate with internal factors to provide tax planning strategies.
- Collaborate with Assistant Manager to ensure project timelines are being followed and adjust where necessary.
- Provide feedback to help in developing new ideas and processes to increase efficiency.
- Build professional relationships with clients, colleagues, and firm leadership teams.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Advanced knowledge of the Canadian Income Tax Act, CAS, and Canadian Review Standards.
- CPA (CA, CMA, or CGA) or other accounting designation and current membership with CPA Canada.
- Completion or near completion of CPA In-depth Tax Course or Master of Taxation (MTax) program.
- Minimum 4 years experience in a similar role within public accounting.
- Individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Organized, good time-management skills.
- Knowledge of CaseWare, Jazz IT, and Tax Cycle is considered an asset.
How to Apply
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team. Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you’re interested, email your resume to email@example.com