$175,000-$210,000 base plus bonus
Posted May 17, 2022.
Our client is a growing Real Estate company located in the north GTA. They are looking for an experienced Director of Finance or VP Finance to join the small and growing team. This will be an excellent position for a VP Finance coming from real estate development or a Director of Finance taking the step up into this role also from a real estate development background.
Reporting to the partners, the VP Finance will be responsible for treasury, strategic management, consolidated planning and forecasting, and review of internal/external reporting. A key requirement of this position will be due diligence for purchase and sale of sites, reviewing project proformas, facilitating mortgage and construction financing and dealing with all joint venture partners. Don’t wait any longer to apply.
- Oversee the firm’s strategic financial objectives and fulfill all financial-related matters; including reporting, modelling, cash management, budgeting, tax and treasury for the organization
- Provide financial leadership and advice on transaction-related services to the partners, including the limited partnerships, trusts and other entities that the organization establishes for investment vehicles
- Responsible for all tax matters for the corporate structure. Continually ensure the business is compliant with current and future tax matters at the Individual, Corporate, Trust and Limited Partnership levels
- Oversee the insurance and risk management practices
- Responsible to review all financial reporting under ASPE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- CPA designation would be an asset
- Expertise with mortgages, loans and joint ventures
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive accounting experience
- Able to create and promote a positive and supportive working environment
- Proactive, hands-on strategic thinker
- Experience in real estate development industry is mandatory
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.