$175,000 – $200,000 (plus bonus and benefits)
Unfortunately, this position is no longer available.
Our client is a stable and growing diversified real estate company in Toronto, Ontario. With its growth, the company is involved with exciting new projects from several asset classes. Thus, the CFO is seeking a VP Finance with recent (i.e. less than 6 years) experience in real estate development and a bottom-up understanding of development accounting. The VP Finance will lead the development financial/accounting function of the department, manage the accounting/control functions, and report development financial results as per IFRS standards.
If you’re looking for a company that will continue to grow and will encourage your personal/professional growth that is unparalleled in the GTA, don’t wait and apply now!
- Corporate and project cash-flow projecting
- Construction budgeting and cost reporting
- Review project proformas, variance analysis
- Oversee preparation of construction draws, respond to project monitor inquiries
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- Balance sheet reconciliations, review and process invoices, tax payments
- General ledger analysis and maintenance, post journal entries for sales and purchases
- Set-up ledgers for new corporate entities
- Monitor and prioritize vendor payments
- Review construction financing
- Inter-company accounting and invoicing
- Preparation of year-end working papers, review year-end adjustments, and tax planning
- Analyze joint venture agreements, prepare distribution schedules, and capital calls
- Quarterly preparation of financial statements, reporting to joint venture partners
- Maintain schedules for shareholders and joint venture partners
- Provide project information to MPAC when requested
- College diploma or University degree, coupled with the CPA designation
- 6+ years of accounting experience, specifically within real estate development
- Working knowledge and understanding of the construction or real estate development sector
- Working knowledge of inter-company accounting
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently
- Hands-on approach to accounting and management
If you’re interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for interview will be contacted.